Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
A Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) job vacancy is currently available at Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviours-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behaviour change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Radio Program Production Consultant Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Program Officer – Social Mobilization Job At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Job Vacancy At Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
- Ebonyi State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy, Situation Analysis and Strategic Plan Consultant Job At Banyan Global
The Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) will work with the Deputy Project Director-Malaria and serve as the technical lead for Malaria SBC with a special focus on health care provider behaviour change, community SBC, system strengthening and media strategies. He/She will work to support the unit in articulating strategies and planning activities including capacity building of relevant stakeholders.
Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- The SPO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of malaria social and
- behaviour change (SBC) capacity strengthening, planning, monitoring and evaluating health providers’ behaviour change, community mobilization, and mass media strategies and advocacy. The SPO will also assist in developing the annual malaria SBCC work plan for the project and assist in its implementation including report writing.
Specifically, the SPO will:
- Provide technical support in planning, implementing, and coordinating capacity building activities for Malaria SBC among health care providers including the Behavior Economics approach to fever case management.
- Support the DPD Malaria and Senior Technical Advisor Provider Behaviour Change in developing strategies for provider behaviour change, provide support to PBC Officers in the states as it relates to malaria and take the lead on documenting implementation successes and challenges in this regard.
- Assist the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) to develop; implement and monitor malaria SBC activities based on the 2021 National Advocacy Communication and Social Mobilization Guidelines.
- Represent the Project in malaria technical meetings at the national level.
- Develop specific messages that will target malaria behaviours among health care providers, like compliance with a national guideline on IPTp, proper diagnosis before treatment and compliance with treatment of malaria with ACT and work with the digital team to send same to health providers.
- Monitor SBC activities at the health facility to promote providers’ positive behaviours to malaria diagnosis and treatment and articulate success stories and lessons learned for documentation purposes including as abstract or scientific articles.
- Work with the project’s media team to strategize and review all malaria-related mass media materials including periodic review of media activities to align with donor priorities.
- Design, pre-test and finalize drafts of malaria SBC materials in collaboration with NMEP and other relevant partners
- Provide general oversight for demand creation component of LLIN mass distribution campaigns including capacity building for consultants.
- Review malaria SBC technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, plans, strategy documents, job aids)
- Work with representatives of NMEP, SMEPs, partners, and other stakeholders to share best practices in malaria SBC.
- Work with Project staff both at the National and State level to ensure that malaria SBC efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and contribute to the overall goal of the project.
Education and Experience Requirements
- MBBS, MD or related medical discipline
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, Public Health or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in SBC and at least 5 years must be working experience in malaria program management.
- Experience in developing SBC tools and materials.
- Other specific knowledge requirements:
- General knowledge of SBC and its practical application to programs.
- Familiarity with the Nigeria National Malaria Strategic Plan (NMSP 2021-2025) and National Malaria Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization Guidelines 2021.
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Excellent program management skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
How To Apply for Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media) Job
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – Malaria (PBC & Media), Abuja’.
The application deadline is 16th March 2022.