International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Senior Research Associate Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The vacant position of Senior Research Associate is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
- Head, Genetic Resources Centre Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Data Manager Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Software Engineer Job Vacancy At Fairmoney
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Senior Research Associate Duties
- Co-lead the implementation of projects objectives and deliverables through quantitative and qualitative gender-focused analyses within the ‘Nextgen cassava’ and ‘RTB foods’ projects in cooperation with Nigerian Root Crop Research Institute (NCRI).
- Develop qualitative (major) and quantitative (minor) tools and analyse data using software such as SPSS, Nvivo, STATA, ATLAS.ti and R and make conference presentations, author publications in peer-review journals, and develop posters, blogs, and briefs;
- Manage survey data, organise, train and supervise staff involved in quantitative and qualitative data collection, entry and cleaning;
- Design, lead and carry out fieldwork in rural communities for gender-focused qualitative (a.o. intra-household, and within cooperatives) research and in relation to the citizen science Tricot approach for cassava variety evaluation with stakeholders;
- Develop and adopt new gender-responsive methodologies and qualitative research tools and develop communication and training materials such as protocols/guides, audio and audio-visual content to disseminate gender approaches and research findings at scientific conferences on behalf of the project team and scientist;
- Co-lead the implementation of a systematic customer and product profiling incorporating gender aspects for each value chain actor to foster gender-responsive
- cassava breeding in Nigeria and support case studies in Vietnam and Zambia as part of the RTB CRP “Golden egg” initiative;
- Facilitate interdisciplinary meetings and cooperation with bio-physical scientists,
- food scientist, and colleagues in social/gender science for joined article and methodology development;
- Support project supervisors/bio-physical scientists on proposal development for resource mobilization;
- Mentor graduate trainee (NYSC corners) and supervise students working on gender-related projects;
- Be a resource person at gender sensitization workshops with excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Lead the preparation and reporting of the gender/social science team’s monthly activities to scientist and project lead;
- Additional roles assigned as a member of the IITA gender science network and RTB Foods gender working group;
- Perform any other additional roles assigned as a member of the IITA gender science network and RTB Foods gender working group.
Masters in, Food Science/Technology, or related field with a minimum of six (6) years experience in a well-structured environment or donor-funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis tools such as Nvivo, Atlas.ti, SPSS and familiar with database equal to Cassava base (cropontologies) and ClimbMob data platforms (www.ClimMob.net) and have a rudimentary knowledge of R.
- Have excellent social skills in building contacts of trust with key persons in rural communities such as community leaders, farmers and processors.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply For Senior Research Associate Job
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment portal,
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is 20th July.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.