Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Senior Software Developer Job Vacancy At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
A Senior Software Developer job vacancy is currently available at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence.
The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum downtime period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development. Ikeja Electric has over 600,000 customers who the company is committed to serving with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy.
This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
- IT Helpdesk Officer Job At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead Job At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Legal Officer Job At Brit Property Nigeria Limited
- This role is Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of new software systems, updating existing software and conducting feasibility studies on company systems.
- He is also responsible for writing codes, applications, creating reports, and mentoring the junior developers; building performance web apps on both the iOS and Android platforms as well as collaborating with the solutions delivery team.
Senior Software Developer Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by studying IE information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Review and study the functional requirements for new application systems and assess the options for implementation.
- Work closely within a single scrum team to build features in support of the IE products
- Provide senior-level proficiency and direction on the following tech stack based on any of the three specializations below.
- Identify reusable functionality to build into common, reusable components that can be leveraged across the application.
- Collaborate with the back-end development teams to build app functionality according to product requirements and design specs.
- Work with Product and Design teams to deliver intuitive, engaging, and simple interfaces for applications targeting mobile, tablet and web platforms.
- Work with modern tools including Slack, GitHub, Google Docs, etc
- Complete two-week sprints, and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily stand-ups
- Participate in peer code reviews and pull requests
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in Information Technology and its applications in the electricity sector and, ensure that the company makes the best use of any such developments.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Fullstack (Web and Mobile App)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 7-10 years experience in management/implementation of IT application systems, preferably in an electricity utility
- A masters’ degree is an added advantage.
Fullstack (Web and Mobile App):
- Experience in developing mobile and web application
- Good knowledge of server-side programming languages like NodeJS
- Familiarity with DBMS technology, including SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
- Experience working with IIS, Nginx or Apache servers with a solid background in Linux.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases like Oracle. SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with large and disparate data sets.
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API. Familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Prior experience as a Python Developer
- Good knowledge of Django, Flask or similar Python frameworks
- Knowledge of ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Strong OOP or Functional Programing and modelling skills.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience in using automated testing frameworks and system monitoring tools.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Supervisory / Managerial Skills.
How To Apply For Senior Software Developer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 5th April 2022.
To apply for this job please visit 220.127.116.11.