Grand Cereals Limited (GCL)
Shift Production Supervisor Job Vacancy At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
A Shift Production Supervisor job vacancy is currently available at Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Mill Operator – Cereal Plant Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Packing Operator, BFC – Cereal Mill Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
- Roller Operator Job At Grand Cereals Limited (UAC of Nigeria Plc)
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
Purpose of Job
- Ensure effective and efficient operation and maintenance of plant and machinery on the production floor as well as the packaging of products in the right quantity, quality, and cost dimensions in a Safe, Effective, Efficient and Environmentally friendly manner.
Shift Production Supervisor Responsibilities
Production & Packaging
- Ensure packaging of the agreed quantity of products to meet sales and distribution forecasts.
- Coordinate production activities to deliver the business plan efficiently and effectively.
- Set and adjust machinery to deliver the right specification and quality consistently.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in all sections (Intake, Screen room, Mill, Packaging, Richfil and Soya flour plants) to ensure SOP and GMP is adhered to.
- Respond to production challenges (machine breakdown, quality deviation, etc.) promptly and follow the escalation procedure.
- Check and confirm the availability of all materials needed for production (Packaging, Chemicals, etc.) at the beginning of the shift.
- Forward a verified shift activity report to the plant manager with Mill Planner in copy.
- Do a shifting hand over to the next shift and document pending issues.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of Plansifters, Jet filters, etc.
- Note and forward all abnormal equipment conditions to the Mill Planner for collation and maintenance planning.
- Ensure availability of team members to support maintenance.
- Ensure all activities are done according to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure packaged products meet specifications.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Monitor material usage to ensure inclusion rates are in line with the recipe.
- Ensure the right Packaging Materials are correctly coded and used.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance representative to deliver quality consistently.
- Implement all food safety activities.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Carry out safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do the same using the Safety Observation Cards, also report same to the Plant Manager.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Assess performance and recommend development plans for junior colleagues.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Discipline and motivate as appropriate.
- Identify training needs of team members and make recommendations
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.)
- First Degree (HND, B.Eng., or BSc.) in Engineering or Sciences.
- 5 years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Knowledge catalyst for personnel
- Analytical thinking/Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Numerical Analysis
- Relationship management
- People Development
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Planning and organizing
- Performance measurement and management
How To Apply For Shift Production Supervisor Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload your resume and send your application.
- The application deadline is 24th November.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit grandcereals.com.