United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
SME Credit Underwriter Job Vacancy At UBA
SME Credit Underwriter Job are currently available at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA), interested individuals who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
United Bank for Africa Plc, is a Nigerian pan-African financial services group headquartered in Lagos. It has subsidiaries in 20 African countries and offices in London, Paris, and New York. It is listed as a commercial bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
We are looking for an SME Credit Underwriter who can carry out these functionalities in our bank:
- Coordinates collection and recovery activities of the entire unit end to end
- Provide initiatives for sales leads/penetration
- Overseeing bottom-line metrics, including detailed strategic analysis, forecasting, and account placement
- Minimise loss resulting from non-payment of a loan. Loss forecasting and reports will be provided by the collection MIS unit
- Supervision of the daily activities of direct reports
- Initiate the formation and review of collection strategy manual and queuing criteria quarterly or as business requires
- Initiate a review of the Collections and Recovery Procedures
- Review net flows and collector productivity by the bucket for capacity planning and training needs
- Implementing new strategies and tactics to improve collections and recovery performance, training and coaching staff to improve performance
- Review/update watchlist every month while monitoring accounts based on early warning signals
- Provide feedback on collection activities for policy changes
- Tools and Resource management
- Achieve assigned recovery targets to contribute to the organisation’s financial performance (Consumer and SME)
- Team Lead, Corporate Payment Job At UBA
- Team Lead, Corporate Value Chain Job At UBA
- Team Member, Corporate Value Chain Job At UBA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or another field with a strong quantitative and analytic focus.
- Post-graduate degree in related field or professional qualification preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of banking experience in SME loan requests are reviewed and analysed in line with the bank’s risk acceptance criteria approved for the product and credit policy.
- Detailed knowledge of principles of credit risk & analysis
- Strong knowledge of accounting, internal control principles and governance frameworks in financial institutions
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to use these skills during loan reviews
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership
- Must have excellent execution skills
- Must be process-driven and constantly looking for ways to optimize
- Must be innovative and in tune with industry/market developments, ever searching for better ways, effectiveness and efficiency
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
- Must be able to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Must possess relationship building, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) in English.
How To Apply For SME Credit Underwriter
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the UBA recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.ubagroup.com.