SME Scale Partner Development Manager Job Vacancy At Microsoft Nigeria
SME Scale Partner Development Manager job vacancy is currently available at Microsoft Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Start-Ups CTO / Technical Programs Manager Job At Microsoft Nigeria
- Marketing Communications Manager Job At Microsoft Nigeria
- Origination Manager Job Vacancy At Nigerian Exchange Group
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best-known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
Africa Transformation Office (ATO) Background
– Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries. The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades.
– Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labour force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa. Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile-first continent that is fueling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
– We aspire to transform Africa into a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs. With that in mind was the establishment of a new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO), which will be established and chartered with the following:
- Build strategic, unconventional partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate the digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Startups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game-changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for MNCs across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it into key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce.
- The Partner Development Manager is an important contributor to Microsoft’s partner engagement strategy. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry.
- The partner business leads this effort in recruiting new partners, building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to our joint customers.
- The goal of the PDM is at the start of this journey. The PDM Identifies, qualifies, engage, and enables strategic partners to develop new solutions on the Microsoft platform.
- With these new partners and solutions on the Microsoft Cloud Platform, we can better provide the right partner, at the right time, to solve customer business challenges.
SME Scale Partner Development Manager Responsibilities
- The PDM is responsible for recruiting new Microsoft Partners in the marketplace. The PDM researches Industry and customer need to identify where Microsoft has gaps in its portfolio of partners to meet customer needs or, there are opportunities to disrupt the marketplace with new and differentiated solutions and services that can transform business for Microsoft customers. The PDM leads the 360-degree business relationship with companies through the process of bringing new service offerings and solutions to market.
- The PDM engages at the very highest level of executives building trust and by developing joint business plans defining Go-To-Market strategies, driving the implementation of all aspects of the strategy and orchestrating relationships between the partners technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to achieve sales targets.
- The Partner Dev Manager will work with strategic partners to join Microsoft Cloud Platform and build solutions that will provide unique expertise and solve customers’ business challenges.
- The PDM represents Microsoft to new partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications & solutions leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
- Recruitment Strategy and Planning – Develop Partner Recruit Strategy and Compete Plan: research, qualify and analyze potential new partners, articulating market insights about competitors. Create Recruit strategic partners target list based on Recruit Council, Capacity Plan, Industry Solution Categories and Segment priorities. Target list of highest value solutions for the territory.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with partners – Builds expansive network with Business and Technical managers: sharing ideas, perspectives, building trusted advisory reputation within partner team. Create Executive Sponsorship and Relationships to build trust and drive for commitments.
- Build New Solutions – Secure partner commitment to building net-new solutions on Microsoft cloud platform. Evangelize profitability of MS relationship, MS value proposition, quantify market opportunity and align expectations on engagement, deliverables, SLA, programs and services. Coordinate engagement of teams required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
- Leverage and request Microsoft Programs Services to:
-Support partner on launching new solution on Marketplace and ensure solution is discoverable
-Create/execute GTM plan for a new solution
-Coordinate with Channel Managers for first customer opportunities
-Supervise partner engagement with Microsoft Programs, ensure SLA and Partner satisfaction and deliverables.
- Drive business growth – Accountable for the growth of the business across the solution area partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as support global expansion. Demonstrate account management excellence through high-quality interactions with the partner, and well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
- Partner Experience – Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for a long-term partnership, or transfer partner to programmatic assistance when no longer appropriate for PDM engagement.
- Compliance – Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modelling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred.
- 5 – 10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/services are brought to market
- Strong experience in managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow-through.
How To Apply For SME Scale Partner Development Manager Manager Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Microsoft Nigeria recruitment portal.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.