Software Engineer (Backend) Job Vacancy At Cowrywise
A Software Engineer (Backend) job vacancy is currently available at Cowrywise. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Cowrywise is a fintech company democratizing access to premium financial services by making these services available to the mass market cheaply.
- Social Media Manager Job Vacancy At Cowrywise
- Product Designer Job Vacancy At Cowrywise
- Data Scientist Job Vacancy At Cowrywise
About this position
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to help us as we scale out our engineering infrastructure, software, and services. Talk to us if you are interested in a fast-paced environment and if you are passionate about using technology to solve exciting problems.
Software Engineer (Backend) Responsibilities
- Working within the engineering team to build new product features and enhancements, while solving some of the most interesting problems in financial analysis, machine learning, payments systems, and infrastructure scaling.
- Building internal and external interfaces (API) for a diverse set of touchpoints, while also consuming other 3rd party interfaces.
- Collaborating with product designers, product managers, and the rest of the team to bring to life new experiences for our customers.
- Working on scaling our backend infrastructure on AWS, including writing automation scripts and technical documentation.
- Contribute to raising our engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- 3+ years of experience developing backend software applications, web or mobile applications, and public-facing APIs.
- Solid knowledge of writing software in Python. Good knowledge of Django and other Python frameworks will be an added advantage, including experience with caching, queuing, and asynchronous tasks and frameworks.
- A good experience working with production apps on Linux environments and you’re not afraid of being dropped in front of a shell prompt.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background.
- Experience with containers, and container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, TDD, and release processes is a big advantage.
- Sound Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Working knowledge of Database Systems (Mysql, Postgres)
- Familiarity with using Linux commands (centos or ubuntu)
- Familiarity with uwsgi, gunicorn and Nginx
- Ability to use git
- Good understanding of REST principles and a fair understanding of building RESTful APIs with Django rest framework
- Familiarity with Oauth2 and JWT Authentication
- Bonus points for Celery, Redis, Memcache, Docker, RabbitMQ
If selected, you would have access to:
- Earn in the top 25% of the industry benchmark.
- Work with some of the smartest engineering talents and compassionate people building the next-generation personal wealth management tools.
- 21 days paid leave and 13th-month salary.
- Fully-funded all-around health insurance.
- 10% employer’s pension contribution.
- An exciting opportunity to network vertically and horizontally with different businesses across the diverse sectors we interact with.
- Free lunch, data allowance, and other benefits.
How To Apply For Software Engineer (Backend) Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Cowrywise recruitment portal.
- Follow the onsite guidelines and complete your application.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit cowrywise.breezy.hr.