Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Speech Writer Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Speech Writer job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Manager, Exams Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Front Desk Officer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- IT Personnel Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- The position provides technical/administrative support to the Senior Manager, Speech Writer and aims at enhancing the effectiveness and impact of the role in the execution of policies and programmes of the Institute.
Speech Writer Responsibilities
- Manages the communication of the Presidency through specialized knowledge and provide strategic communication support to the Institute’s Principal officeholders.
- Drafts speeches, statements, briefings and written communications for the Presidency and ensures a high level of consistency, accuracy and presentation for a wide variety of audiences.
- Liaises closely with various directorates of the Institute to ensure timely and relevant inputs into the development of written communication for the Presidency and other matters of relevance to the Institute.
- Serves as under-secretaries for some sub-committees in the department.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of HND / B.Sc in Mass Communication, Journalism, Law or any other related fields.
- The applicant with a Degree in Economics or Accounting with proven writing skills may be considered.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies/Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent oral communication, report writing, interpersonal and office management skills.
- The person must be discreet but decisive, innovative, diligent, pay attention to details and proficient in the use of Ms-Office applications with good customer service and presentation skills.
- Success in this role also demands a high level of confidentiality, honesty, integrity and flexibility.
How To Apply For Speech Writer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.