State Team Lead Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
State Team Lead job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a State Team Lead position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The STL will provide programmatic, technical and financial guidance to the state implementation team in the project state.
- S/he will supervise a team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and support to TMEC RISE-supported project facilities
- Senior Procurement Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Senior Program Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Technical Officer – Pharmacy and Supply Chain Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
State Team Lead Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and coordination concerning the implementation of the RISE project at the State level.
- Facilitate a productive and safe work environment amongst the State TMEC RISE team optimal for the achievement of project deliverables, with escalation to CO if/when necessary.
- Work with the community, LGA and State level stakeholders as well as other relevant organizations to mobilize resources in support of RISE project in the State.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the organization’s financial and programmatic policies.
- Foster a productive working relationship between TMEC RISE Team and partner organizations including local professional associations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at State and Local Government levels, USG implementing partners, and local institutions.
- Oversee the quality of care interventions at project-supported health facilities, monitor and maintain technical quality of activities in all aspects of the project’s deliverables.
- The STL will supervise and coordinate technical deliverables and M&E staff to implement existing M&E plans that will feed data into the national comprehensive HMIS grid and DHIS2 and help document programmatic results, achievements, success stories and challenges in a timely manner, as required by the project.
- STL will remain current and knowledgeable about HIV care and treatment, reproductive health services, health systems strengthening, service delivery and program planning – Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of recent PEPFAR USAID Programs, ability to lead a team with a record of target achievement, understanding of recent HIV program deliverables on Case finding, treatment initiation, viral suppression, monitoring and evaluation with emphasis on granular data utilization for program routine program decisions and management
Oversee management of RISE project assets at the State office
and facility level.
- Work with State team to ensure timely submission of reports as required by CO and donor.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across the project pathway and ensure transmission of relevant information to and from CO and donor to team members.
- Ensure performance management for staff towards achieving optimal output deliverables through the utilization of objective performance metrics.
- Supervise individual and site work planning and harmonize with the State strategic plan as it relates to HIV programming.
- Demonstrate management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs and ability to multi-task, communicate clearly and represent the organization at various platforms
- Lead and manage by motivating employees to remain optimistic even when faced with challenges and encouraging good performance and values to work.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders – Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- The STL will perform all other duties relating to the project as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Strong team building and organizational skills – Demonstrate success in leadership and management of multicultural environments providing leadership skills and experience to foster a productive and united team of staff and Adhoc/health facility staff with a diverse but complementary skill set to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems – display ability to manage program operations (Admin, Logistics, Vendors, Finance, Fleet management) with a high level of integrity, due diligence and in compliance with USAID and organizational rules, guidelines and procedures
- STL will exercise tact and diplomacy in the organizational setting, be transparent, direct with substance, self-starter, self-disciplined, be innovative and creative. Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology or related Health, Medical or Social Science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 10+ years experience in leadership, management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV care and treatment program implementation
- Strong leadership and coordination experience for the multidisciplinary team and partner organization
- Strong program management and technical skills required
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relation
How To Apply For The State Team Lead Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to email@example.com using “State Team Lead” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.