Strategic Information Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Strategic Information Advisor job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Strategic Information Advisor position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Strategic Information Advisor will support the TMEC RISE project on all SI related implementation and data management.
- S/he will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance district-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of HIV burden across interventions (95-95-95 cascade).
- S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to design and implement strategies to build the capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
- He/She will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the SI team and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategies and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Technical Officer – HTS Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Technical Officer, PrEP Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
Strategic Information Advisor Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for the project overall and at the state level
- Participates in the organization and facilitation of national performance review meetings;
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Participates in the organization and facilitation of seminars, brainstorming workshops and workshops within their field of competence, whenever this is required;
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyse progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Support the process of national data quality assessments, audits and validations.
- Prepares periodic reports of activities; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology and other related fields with 7+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geospatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Core Strategic Information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, NDR, LAMIS, PowerBI etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
How To Apply For The Strategic Information Advisor Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Technical Officer – HTS” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.