Strategic Information Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
Strategic Information Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) job vacancy is currently available at Jhpiego. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Knowledge Management / Training Advisor Job At Jhpiego
- Infographics Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego
- Software Engineer (Frontend, React) Job At Interswitch Group
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Strategic Information Advisor (MERL) will lead the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL), Quality of Care (QoC) project on all SI related implementation, research and data management.
- S/he will provide technical assistance and capacity building to the PRS department of the FMoH and counterparts at the State level and its stakeholders in the development of and implementation of RMNCAEH+N data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- S/he will additionally design strategies and activities to improve capacity on triangulating data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- He/she will contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance state-led and nationally supported evidence-based programming for improved understanding of RMNCH quality of care interventions concerning the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Plan developed by the national RMNCH QoC Technical Working Group (TWG).
- S/he will additionally provide technical assistance to the design of implementation research and implement a strategy to build the capacity of M&E systems to oversee data quality and data use for decision making (including capacity building of M&E staff).
Strategic Information Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Responsibilities
- Provides technical support for the collection, analysis, triangulation and interpretation of RMNCH and MPDSR data and the calculation of programmatic, surveillance, demographic and epidemiological indicators;
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for the project overall and at the national and state level.
- Oversee the development of learning questions for research implementation in partnership with consortium partners and the National QoC TWG.
- Oversee the engagement of six academic institutions from the six geopolitical zones that will conduct the agreed learning questions including coordinating the design of the research protocols, tools, IRB process, recruitment of data collectors, data collection and analysis and final reports working in partnership with the academic institutions and the QoC technical working group.
- Strengthen the use of data at the national and state level for program monitoring and improvement.
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources.
- Participates in the organization and facilitation of national M&E subcommittee, MPDSR committee performance meetings of the QoC TWG.
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen M&E/SI and data quality improvement at the national and state level in partnership with the FMoH, PRS department.
- Participate in the organization and facilitation of seminars, brainstorming workshops and workshops within their field of competence, whenever this is required;
- Prepares periodic reports of activities, donor reports, QoC TWG reports; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology and other related fields with a minimum of 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- Familiarity with USAID/RMNCH programs, Nigerian public sector health system and RMNCH response programs.
- Core Strategic Information experience, conversant with MER indicators, data collection, analysis and data visualization using DHIS, NDR, LAMIS, PowerBI etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and/or other analytic software and to provide evidence-based recommendations accordingly.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of GIS and other tools to support geospatial display of data to target program interventions and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems and involvement in research implementation.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigerian health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data.
- Previous experience in building capacity for generation and use of SI.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage meetings with International partners (NGOs), consultants and Government partners etc.
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria.
How To Apply For Strategic Information Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Infographics Officer” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st November.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org