Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Supply Supervisor Job Vacancy At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
A Supply Supervisor job vacancy is currently available at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Data Manager & Analyst Job At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Finance Manager Job At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- ICT Supervisor Job At Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
ALIMA in NIGERIA
The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering its ninth year and showing no sign of abating.
In 2021, at least 8.7 million people need urgent humanitarian assistance in the worst-affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe. Up to 5.1 million people risk being critically food insecure during the next lean season (June – August 2021), a level similar to 2016-2017 when famine was looming over Borno State
Nigeria is now facing a second wave of COVID-19 infections. Borno, Adamawa, Yobe states have recorded new cases. Aid actors are intensifying actions and prevention measures
Despite challenges including humanitarian space reduction, aid workers had already provided around 5 million people with life-saving assistance in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in 2020.
Conflict, explosive remnants of war and insecurity have cut people off from their main means of livelihoods-farming and fishing. This causes major food insecurity in northeast Nigeria, which COVID-19’s effects on incomes have exacerbated: despite good crop yields, food insecurity is rising.
Findings of the October 2020 Cadre Harmonize (CH) analysis projected that about 5.1 million people in the three states will be food-insecure in the lean season between June and August 2021 – a 19% and 34% increase in 2020 (after COVID-19 June CH Update) and 2019 figures respectively.
According to the Nutrition and Food Security Surveillance Round 9, conducted in October 2020, the level of acute malnutrition increased in all three states compared to 2019. Global acute malnutrition (GAM) rates of 10.7% were recorded in Borno, 7.5% in Adamawa and 13.6% in Yobe.
According to the survey, several LGAs had high pockets of global acute malnutrition of above the 15% threshold (emergency phase), including Gubio, Magumeri, Mobbar and Bayo in Borno State and all LGAs in northern Yobe.
Movement restrictions and insecurity continue to hamper the ability of IDPs, returnees and the host communities to access basic services, livelihoods, and land for farming and grazing. This means that more people will rely on humanitarian aid to survive in 2021.
In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations).
An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 50-bed capacity building.
In December 2020, ALIMA conducted a needs assessment survey in the north of Yobe where a high level of acute malnutrition was recorded by the nutrition sector.
The results of this survey prompted ALIMA to open a nutrition and health project covering the Kasasuwa LGA, one of the most affected LGAs and where there was a gap. This project started in May 2021 and funded by ECHO aims to support Karasuwa health facilities and improve access to nutrition and health services including paediatrics healthcare and reproductive health.
ALIMA also support COVID-19 vaccination in Borno and Yobe with a focus on the most vulnerable.
In parallel, ALIMA is opening an emergency nutrition project in Katsina state and is present in Owo state since 2018 for Lassa fever response and research.
Supply Supervisor MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Work in collaboration with the Dakar team in completing procurement documents done from Dakar or France
- Maintain and track all the international procurement IR number
- Collects the final versions of orders and prepares the necessary documentation
- Submits and collects all documents related to medical and non-medical freight and make sure that necessary clearance expenses are done in good time.
- Maintains regular contact with the supplier and organizes transport schedule
- Suggests measures to improve the system to the different actors involved
- Transfers the orders to the pharmacy team and makes sure that all the necessary documentation are done.
- Advices the field team and other departments on the availability of the requested products on the local market in terms of quantity, quality and time constraint
- Collects the final versions of internal order documents review and makes the necessary processing according to the validation table
- Send RFQ’s, RFPs and order clarifications to the selected suppliers by ALIMA Nigeria
- Regular Assessment of LOCAL market to create and update a list of the most convenient suppliers, prices, etc.
- Checks that ALIMAs procedures are followed during local purchasing (quotes and bids to tender), ensures correct financial conditions and negotiates with service providers
- Follows up on orders and outstanding Deliveries and makes sure that full/complete deliveries are made by suppliers at all times.
- Updates the contact list and maintains a network and good professional relations with the various partners
- Follow up the order during the whole supply process, keeping the Supply Manager and Logistics Coordinator updated. Reacts to take appropriate measures according to the field’s supply priorities
- Share the necessary documentation (SPO and sample if need be) to the Logistics team for verification during reception of goods in the warehouse
- Gets feedback about the reception of the goods at the final destination.
- Responsible for managing the samples for the project sites for future procurements.
- To deputize the supply manager in his absence and ensure there is continuity of entire supply chain activities in support of the program
- Manage all staff employed in the supply Department who are directly under him & supporting operations for the Maiduguri Program by assigning duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Plan and conduct staff performance reviews for supply staff directly under his staff management and map out the staff performance development plan.
- Responsible for procurement activities for planning, organizing and developing the long term strategy and approach of ALIMA Nigeria supply department
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for the procurement department
- Maintenance of tidiness and cleanliness in the area of work.
- Responsible for any assets assigned to you by the logistics team.
- Sharing of an accurate timely weekly report by 3 pm every Friday
- Sharing of accurate timely Monthly report by 1st of every Month
- Report the quarterly market survey to the Supply Manager and the Logistics Manager
- Implementation of prevention measures against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence:
- Ensures that his/her team, partners and community members are aware of ALIMA’s policy and have access to information (complaint escalation mechanism, focal point…).
- Facilitates the organization of training and awareness sessions
- Implements standards related to the prevention of abuse of power, gender-based violence and sexual violence.
- Ensures that team members and partners involved in the project (Ministry of Health, national partners, etc.) follow training and awareness sessions and apply the rules for preventing abuse.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a nurturing and protective environment for his/her team, community members and project partners.
Requirements For Supply Supervisor Job
- Degree in Procurement, commercial or supply related studies is desirable
- Mission working language essential
- Desirable working experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Desirable working experience with other INGOs
- Desirable working experience in developing countries
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
How To Apply For Supply Supervisor Job
- Submit online your Cover letter, CV with colour picture and qualifications with contact details all in the same files, to ALIMA’s recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The application deadline is 30th January.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interviews.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.