Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Performance Monitoring for Action (PMA) project supports an innovative high quality, quick-turnaround approach to data collection that is helping to fuel a data revolution to inform policies. It trains women from sampled communities to use smartphone technologies to collect data from households and facilities on a repeated basis.
- Data are key to informing and driving policy and program changes around the world. High-quality data—collected frequently, turned around quickly, and locally owned—help decision-makers understand what is working, and what is not, enabling decisions that are more sensitive and responsive to evolving needs.
- Achieving the objectives of the PMA project requires the capacity building of implementing partners’ communication, programs and data managers to improve their skills on data survey presentation to targeted stakeholders, writing reports, briefs and success stories. a strong and efficient strategic information system that can use data to inform programmatic decisions. This requires the ability to analyze data with different software.
- To increase implementing partners’ productivity, PMA plans to conduct a 5-day training on Adobe illustrator software for staff.
- Adobe Illustrator Software Facilitator Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Strategic Information Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor Responsibilities
- Build functional collaboration with the State MOH/SACA/SPIU to ensure ongoing health reforms are translated into state and local governments systems and plans.
- Under the supervision of the STL, oversee the development of project sustainability and transition plan for the state.
- Lead on sustainability and program transition to government stakeholders in the State.
- In consultation with government stakeholders, design, and plan for innovative financing mechanisms to transfer health workers and other key interventions to government funding in the future.
- Working with the project staff, build the capacity of state and local government HIV/AIDS management structures in leadership and management for a coordinated HIV/AIDS response
- Liaise with project technical teams to review and revise activity designs to ensure maximum sustainability and ability to be transitioned to local actors.
- Support the conduct of assessments of current user fees among PLHIV to inform the design of interventions to reduce or eliminate these fees in the future.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training, and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Organizes as needed project/program training, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Represent the project at the State level on matters of health systems strengthening.
- Assess both needs and capacity of government entities to take on funding and management of HIV interventions.
- Provides health financing technical assistance to State activities of the project, working with other technical staff and state government institutions as per project requirements.
- Collaborate with State government officials, implementing partners, and other stakeholders in driving implementation of national and sub-national HCF strategies to strengthen PHC systems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical or Social Science discipline; Master’s-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 7+ years experience working at a senior level on health systems strengthening including health planning, health financing, human resources for health, and decentralization of health services in a public or private organization.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Excellent facilitation skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation.
- Excellent writing and communications skills,
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
How To Apply For The Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to email@example.com using “Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.