Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Systems / Business Analyst Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Systems / Business Analyst job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Database Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Programmer / Software Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Network Engineer (CCIE) Job Vacancy At Access Bank Plc
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
Systems / Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Liaising extensively with users.
- Analysing units/departmental operations.
- Translating operations requirements into highly specified project briefs.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Working closely with developers and users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Document the ‘as-is’ and identify improvements to existing solutions and business processes.
- Perform requirements gathering, documentation, and analysis.
- Validate requirements with customers.
- Drawing up a testing schedule for the complete system.
- Overseeing the implementation of a new system.
- Providing training to users of a new system.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Project planning and project management.
- Relate information gathered on the Organization’s business processes with workflows and processes defined in Microsoft Navision and CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of Science / Engineering.
- 4 – 6 years experience working with information technologies and systems analysis.
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of working in Windows environment.
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration.
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of some programming languages.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.