International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Technical Field Officer Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA
A Technical Field Officer job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
- Contribute to capacity building of agro-input dealers and Agrochemical companies, extension agents, volunteer extension facilitators, partner seed companies and
- community-based seed producers.
- In consultation with the senior agronomist, will be responsible for advising on the technical aspects of the agricultural activities including mechanization.
- Supervise extension agents in providing necessary extension and advisory services to networked farmers.
- Link smallholder farmers to agro-input dealers, aggregators, processors, and markets.
- Work closely with all relevant activity staff to support all aspects of field implementation.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSC/HND in Plant or Crop Science, Agriculture, Agriculture extension and rural sociology or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience performing similar or related
role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of field operations and evaluation as well as data collection and analysis.
- Have the ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English, Hausa and one or more of Northern Nigeria’s major languages.
- Have the ability to travel into rural communities and impart knowledge to smallholder farmers.
- Be proficient in the use of computers, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft tools, internet-based tools, and other electronic communication tools.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have the ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply For Technical Field Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 29th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.