Câm Dairy Foods Limited
Technical Lead Job Vacancy At Câm Dairy Foods Limited
A Technical Lead job vacancy is currently available at Câm Dairy Foods Limited. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
- Director of Operations Job Vacancy At Câm Dairy Foods Limited
- Social Media Manager Job Vacancy At Jumia
Câm is looking for a self-starter that is committed and passionate about our ambition to build a universally profitable pastoralist-centred dairy industry in Nigeria. Our mission is to provide a massive income boost for our pastoralist suppliers.
You will be responsible for managing and supporting our technical operations to increase productivity through the implementation of sustainable, climate-smart innovative livestock management practices.
The role combines the need for strategic thinking and planning towards productivity, resilience and reduction of GHG emissions, as well as the day-to-day process and people management necessary for success in a rapidly evolving environment.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about food and agriculture and motivated by opportunities to transform bold and ambitious ideas into actionable, impactful strategies that result in delivering an income boost for pastoralists.
As our Technical Lead, you will be responsible for implementing all aspects of livestock management practices, including animal nutrition and health. You will support our pastoralists as they transition from traditional methods to more modern and sustainable systems.
You will report directly to the Chief Animal Expert.
Technical Lead Responsibilities
- Outreach, advocacy, relationship development and management to ensure that Câm sustains the support and engagement of pastoralists, community members and leaders
- Ensuring Câm meets its supply targets by boosting the productivity of milking cows at optimal costs
- Working with crop farmers, feed manufacturers, nutritionists, veterinarians and vaccine manufacturers to meet the needs of our pastoralists and their animals.
- Training and educating pastoralists on animal health, nutrition, milk safety and hygiene practices that are informed by climate-smart approaches
- Examining animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases, illnesses and injuries and providing guidance and advice on remedies.
- Carrying out diagnostic tests, including the collection of samples and interpreting the test results.
- Assisting the Chief Animal Expert in designing and implementing projects, field trials and pilots work, which includes data collection and statistical analysis
- Training and monitoring field officers on the implementation of interventions and extension activities
Skills and Attributes
- You are a multifunctional, results-driven leader, manager, collaborator, and culture builder.
- You are organized and enjoy creating efficient processes and bringing structure to an organization, ensuring things run smoothly and getting the organization ready for growth and new opportunities.
- You have excellent analytical skills and use data-driven decision-making to ensure successful performance.
- You have experience in and get energised by managing people and farmers, are highly efficient management of resources (people and otherwise), and can identify when and where to delegate and make the best use of resources.
- You drive new initiatives, embrace and push for change, and are not afraid to try something new.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and cultural awareness.
- You are a facilitator, you listen intently, resolve conflicts effectively, integrate feedback and create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to speak up and develop ideas together.
- You learn quickly, can operate with high autonomy, and are willing to make a deep and focused commitment to delivering impact
- You exercise sound judgement
- You have a strong understanding of livestock farming systems
- You are Ready to Get Stuff Done (GSD) at a high level. If something’s not happening fast enough, your gut instinct should be to pick up the phone, pound on doors, take a road trip and relentlessly pursue your goal until it’s done.
- BSc Degree in animal production, veterinary sciences or any related field;
- A Master’s degree in a related field is a plus.
- Relevant experience in feed production and animal breeding technical assistance programmes or projects;
- A good working experience of at least 3 years handling and working with animals.
- Experience managing dispersed field teams.
- Experience in rural or development-related activities (agricultural sector preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Languages: Fluency in English and Hausa (Fulfulde is a strong advantage).
How To Apply For Technical Lead Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to visit the Câm Dairy Foods Limited recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates shall be notified.
- The application deadline is 15th December.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.