Technical Officer – Gender Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Technical Officer – Gender job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Technical Officer – Gender position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Gender Technical Officer will work closely with the Gender Technical Advisor to implement Jhpiego-Nigeria’s gender inclusiveness strategy and gender-related programs.
- Specifically, S/he will work with the RISE project team to ensure that RISE-Nigeria provides comprehensive and age-appropriate clinical post-GBV care that meets expressed needs of survivors including GBV prevention and male engagement activities where necessary.
- Sustainability and Systems Development Advisor Job At Jhpiego
- Adobe Illustrator Software Facilitator Job At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Strategic Information Advisor Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
Technical Officer – Gender Responsibilities
- Provide technical support on the implementation of PEPFAR priorities for gender equality and GBV programming on RISE project.
- Work with project teams to strengthen gender components of training, job aids and reporting or data collection tools at all levels
- Write periodic technical papers and donor reports on specific projects
- Present and share lessons, best practices and successes related to addressing gender equality on Jhpiego programs
- Maximize opportunities for increasing Jhpiego Nigeria’s gender equality portfolio of work and support new business development initiatives including resource mobilization and proposal writing.
- Provide administrative support on a range of activities implemented by the gender team, liaising with administrative, financial and procurement teams to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
- Mentor and work with state teams to integrate gender strategies into their work, supporting Jhpiego gender equality interventions.
- Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report on indicators measuring the outcomes and impact of interventions.
- Conduct supportive supervision to ensure that Jhpiego’s gender equality targets are being achieved across the states where projects are being implemented.
- Document processes and outcomes for integrating gender into programs
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Gender Equality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field with 3+ years experience. A Master’s Degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Prior experience working in the field of gender-related projects with strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender-sensitive development programs
- Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with an understanding of USAID and PEPFAR’s approach to gender quality and gender-based violence.
- Able to undertake frequent travel.
- A personal commitment to gender equality
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches
- Experience in working with high-level counterparts and engaging with Government officials and other development partners.
- Previous work experience working in iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation; Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
- Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
- Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with a practical, precise approach.
- Good team player
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
How To Apply For The Technical Officer – Gender Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to email@example.com using “Technical Officer – Gender” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.