Technical Officer, PrEP Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
A Technical Officer, PrEP job opening is currently available at Jhpiego Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with national governments, health experts as well as local communities to create and delivers transformative health care solutions that save lives.
We are recruiting for a Technical Officer, PrEP position who possesses all the criteria listed below:
- The Technical Officer-PrEP will serve as the State focal person to scale up oral PrEP services at the state, LGA, and Site levels.
- The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to the state, LGA, and facilities and will also work closely with State leadership of the STL, Prevention Officer and technically with the PrEP-CECAP Advisor in the Country office.
- Project Driver Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
- Senior Technical Officer – HTS Job Vacancy At Jhpiego Nigeria
Project Driver Responsibilities
- Demonstrate experience providing capacity building assistance at Facility, Community and State levels.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of SMOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system.
- Increase the awareness of PrEP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
- Develop and expand the capacity of Healthcare Workers on PrEP.
- Provide basic linkage-to-care and patient navigation for individuals seeking PrEP as a part of combination Prevention Strategies.
- Develop and distribute a survey tool for use in HIV Testing to identify those at high risk for HIV and more likely to benefit from PrEP.
- Liaise with State Supply chain unit to ensure PrEP Stock availability and re-distribution with demands and Saturation.
- Promote and participate in related community and health events/outreaches as needed.
- Develop close working relationships with State, Facility and Community leadership to ensure coordination of PrEP services.
- Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in PrEP Services
- Organize, promote and facilitate Quality Improvements (QI) on PrEP activities and research.
- Work with individuals to assess needs, develop care plans and coordinate PrEP-related services through advocacy, education, support, empowerment and coaching.
- Collect and evaluate reports from clients to ensure access to PrEP and follow-through with service provision.
- Ensure the Mentoring and distribution of PrEP- IEC materials.
- Perform any other duties assigned
- First Degree in Medical or Nursing Sciences (MPH or Related Advanced degree will be an added advantage.)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an integrated HIV Care and treatment, PMTCT, Prevention Programming.
- Experience in the health sector and knowledge of HIV programming are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on PrEP and other HIV prevention areas.
- Experience in a similar role will be an added advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to develop strong relationships across functions, abilities and work levels.
- Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated coaching skills, with an ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including presentations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Experience in Prevention, Care and Treatment Service, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Expertise in research to practice—identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good team leader.
- Good initiative and can work unsupervised.
- Knowledge of geography.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- With strong results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with a practical, precise approach.
How To Apply For The Technical Officer, PrEP Job
Eligible candidates should forward their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Project Driver” as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 1st September.