Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality Job Vacancy At Microsoft Nigeria
Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality job vacancy is currently available at Microsoft Nigeria. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- SME Scale Partner Development Manager Job At Microsoft Nigeria
- Start-Ups CTO / Technical Programs Manager Job At Microsoft Nigeria
- Marketing Communications Manager Job At Microsoft Nigeria
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best-known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft, our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
Africa Transformation Office (ATO) Background
– Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries. The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades.
– Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labour force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa. Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile-first continent that is fueling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
– We aspire to transform Africa into a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs. With that in mind was the establishment of a new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO), which will be established and chartered with the following:
- Build strategic, unconventional partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate the digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Startups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game-changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for MNCs across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it into key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce.
- In Mixed Reality, people-not devices are at the centre of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating ground-breaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
- We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
- If you are passionate about ground-breaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Mesh is hiring a Technical Program Manager to join our Microsoft Mesh team in Africa. Mesh (https://www.mesh.com) is a platform that enables mixed reality (AR/VR) applications to build collaborative, persistent & environmentally aware experiences. Users who are in the same space can view holograms together in a shared experience. Users are who are apart can experience each-others presence through avatars or holoportation while working together in the same virtual space or engage with holographic content placed by someone else. Behind the scenes, services that bring together users pose (head, body, and hand position), spatial audio, avatar look-and-feel, holoportation, head tracking, spatial localization, scene understanding, and object anchoring connect with client SDKs to make this happen. To deliver on the user experience, there is a lot of data capture, processing and transmission that must happen in real-time, and be reliably persisted and represented across devices.
Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality Responsibilities
- Product Management of a portion of our Mesh and Services portfolio.
- Work closely with customers and partners to understand their needs, form an aggregate view, and frame the business opportunity jointly with the Mixed Reality Commercialization team.
- Define product strategy and roadmap bridging customer needs and technical constraints
- Align local team investments with global mixed reality initiatives, driving clarity across multiple levels of the hierarchy in a matrixed org – from individual contributor through executive.
- Work with engineering counterparts to deliver customer value through our GA Azure services, devices, and other endpoints.
- Generate energy and excitement around current execution, and roadmap – internally, across the company and with customers.
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships, and influence team members to achieve business objectives.
- Live Microsoft’s values by being a positive force for inclusion, allyship, and mentoring.
- 2 years minimum experience in Product Management or Program Management.
- Experience driving program definition, strategy, and delivery in complicated problem spaces.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Experience in driving clarity, alignment, and execution in small and broad teams.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Optional: experience working through a complete product cycle, from initial design through post-release support, across functions.
- Optional: experience with Mixed Reality: AR/VR applications, 3D development/design, prototyping.
- Optional: experience with product/business planning: Drive market opportunities and partner with Hardware, Software, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Legal, Finance and Business Planning to deliver business outcomes.
How To Apply For Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Microsoft Nigeria recruitment portal.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.