International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Terms Of Reference For TA107 Business Development Skills Training Of Trainers (TOT)
The vacant position of Terms Of Reference For TA107 Business Development Skills Training Of Trainers (TOT) is currently available at International Rescue Committee (IRC), suitably qualified candidates who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Nigeria through the Women Protection & Empowerment (WPE) and Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) sectors is collaborating with the “Latter-day Saint Charities” to implement a 12-month women empowerment project in Konduga LGA Borno State, Northeast Nigeria.
The project recognizes that the majority of crisis-affected people especially women and girls have experienced violence, repeated displacement, disruption of livelihoods, and lack access to farmland due to fear of being attacked, raped, abducted, and even being killed while going to their farms or collecting firewood, particularly as they travel further from their communities. With the security challenges in accessing farmland, most vulnerable IDPs and host community women are engaged in off-farm activities including groundnut processing for household consumption and income generation.
The objectives of the project are to increase safe income sources and improve food security for vulnerable women through value addition and sale of high protein and healthy-fat groundnut products and to improve women’s participation in household financial decision making and reduce intimate partner violence.
As part of the activities to achieve these objectives, the IRC will provide Business Development Skills Training for 300 women who have previously undergone training in groundnut value chain technology and are currently members of Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs). The training will be conducted using the CEFE (Competency-based Economies through Formation of Entrepreneurs) methodology.
CEFE is a comprehensive set of training instruments using an action-oriented approach and experiential learning methods to develop and enhance the business management and personal competencies of a wide range of target groups, mostly in the context of income and employment generation and economic development. It represents an accumulation of instruments for entrepreneurship training combined with an active and dynamic approach and methods of empirical learning to develop and improve managerial and individual skills.
The ERD team is proposing to hire a CEFE Master Trainer to conduct a ToT for 7 field-level facilitators (incentive workers) who will subsequently cascade the training to the 300 women that are being supported under the project.
- Chief Of Party Job At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Psychosocial Social Support Officer Job Vacancy At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Advocacy Senior Manager ProSPINE+ Job Vacancy At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Scope of Consultancy
- The IRC will engage the services of a CEFE Master Trainer who will train 7 field facilitators in the following topics:
- Enhanced entrepreneurial competencies.
- Benefits of crop diversity and irrigation
- Value of own initiative as opposed to depending on donations.
- Appreciation of new products and markets
- Basic understanding of cost calculation and integrated cash flow.
- Sources of funding for budding entrepreneurs
- Women empowerment to start and manage businesses using their specific strengths and combating distinctive weaknesses or threats.
- The training will last for a period of 7 days.
Method of Recruitment
The position will be advertised on relevant job sites. Because of the limited time frame required to get the consultant on board, CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A technical interview session will be held for shortlisted applicants.
Features to be considered include
- Demonstration of technical competence on the CEFE methodology.
- Evidence of facilitation of similar training using the CEFE methodology.
- Consultant’s Resume/CV showing qualifications and certifications.
- Example of workshop outline from past training conducted.
- Submit a work plan detailing the methodology, schedule for training delivery.
- Develop an adapted CEFE methodology-based training manual to meet the needs of the target beneficiaries.
- Facilitate a TOT for 7 facilitators who will step down training to beneficiaries on business development skills.
- Develop a handover guide for facilitators.
- Submit a training report.
|Timeframe||No of days paid for||Activity|
|21st – 30th June 2021||1||Submission of work plan detailing the methodology, schedule for training delivery.|
|30th June – 14th July||2||Adaptation of the CEFE methodology-based training manual to meet the needs of the target beneficiaries.|
|26th July – 3rd August||7||Training of 7 field-level facilitators, as well as developing a handover guide for them|
|3rd – 10th August||0||Submission of the draft report|
|10th – 17th August||1||Submission of the final report|
How To Apply For Terms Of Reference For TA107 Business Development Skills Training Of Trainers (TOT)
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) recruitment portal.
- Follow the onsite guideline to complete and submit your application.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.