Main One Cable Company
Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) Job Vacancy At Main One Cable Company
A Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) job vacancy is currently available at Main One Cable Company. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fibre optic networks, and data centre facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
- NOC Support Engineer Job At Main One Cable Company
- Transmission Implementation Engineer (Access) Job At Main One Cable Company
- Senior Project Manager & Planner Job At Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
Join the leading provider of Wholesale and Enterprise connectivity and data centre services across the West African region.
Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core) Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems
- Respond to and resolve DWDM & Metro networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on Ciena DWDM Submarine and Metro Network, Huawei SDH platforms with minimal supervision
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact on the global communications
- Deploy and document changes following problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by the engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to
- Complete the project’s objectives within timelines
- Interpret, review and implement Metro Ethernet and GPON
- networks designs from the core network planning team
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that MainOne’s global and metro fibre network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- Ability to review and execute provisioning requests from Transmission Planning documents
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to install, commission, implement and configure according to design and specification
- Ability to monitor and manage the delivery of service especially by 3rd party vendors rendered to customers
- Teamwork abilities
- Ability to recognize and analyze data, basic causes of problems, and recommend solutions that meet the practical needs of the business
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good knowledge of IP MPLS
How To Apply for Transmission Implementation Engineer (Core)
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Main One Cable Company recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline is 19th February.
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.