Transport and Logistics Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
The vacant position of Transport and Logistics Manager is currently available at Adexen as mandated by a multinational Logistics & Supply Chain company to recruit for the position in Lagos, Nigeria. suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Adexen is a global Human Resources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, and Supply chain.
- National Sales Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Financial Controller Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Service Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
Transport and Logistics Manager Job Responsibilities
Coordinate all transport operations for both local and international deliveries in liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Ensures the receipt, collation, and registration of all orders.
- Negotiates transport costs to align with market trends.
- Performs the suppliers’ evaluation quarterly.
- Ensures that due diligence is performed on all Carrier providers
- Ensures that all Carrier providers are duly registered before engagement.
- Regularly update the list of Carrier providers’ contact information on the Link Partners Application.
- A follow-up to ensure prompt delivery of shipment after clearance.
- Ensures that all QHSE requirements are met by Carrier providers.
- Follow-up and monitor to ensure that Carrier providers respect policies.
- Follow-up and monitor to ensure that Carrier providers respect the Business Code of Conduct.\
- Supervise the allocation of jobs to various sub-contractors based on the orders received for the day.
- Approve job orders.
- Follow up and monitor to ensure all planned loading is achieved.
- Ensure to Pre-alert transporters on possible loading.
- Follow up closely with Operations Team to ensure all documents required for loading are available.
- Follow closely on the return of transport documents.
- Source for new Carrier providers and liaise with the safety and legal department for proper validation of documents.
- Plan routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Book deliveries and liaise with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicate effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Book sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate or technical certificate in transport management or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in transport and logistics operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of supply chain core processes and logistics business
- Customer service
- Knowledge of basic finance fundamentals
- Good supervisory and people management skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
How To Apply For Transport and Logistics Manager Job In Adexen
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Adexen recruitment portal.
- Signup and verify your application account.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.adexen.com.