Transport Workshop Manager (Cement Industry) Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Transport Workshop Manager (Cement Industry) is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a Transport Workshop Manager (Cement Industry) who will plan and execute safe and efficient running of the Transport Workshop as well as ensure optimum plant and equipment availability and reliability through effective maintenance.
- Fleet Officer (Cement Industry) Job In Dangote Group
- Head, Production (Cement Industry) Job In Dangote Group
- Administrative Officer – Cement Industry Job In Dangote Group
Transport Workshop Manager (Cement Industry) Key Responsibilities
- Ensure optimum plant and equipment availability and reliability through effective maintenance.
- Plan and schedule maintenance resources for all equipment used for operations.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor the execution of scheduled work plans and unplanned emergency and breakdown work, determining sequence and assignments based on work priority and availability of truck and manpower.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop for the various vehicle maintenance(electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical) and ensuring productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the overall department.
- Plan and organize preventive maintenance systems and delegate specific tasks to workshop staff and record in SAP PM Module.
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities, especially technical issues
- Ensure the highest maintenance standards are applied and maintained using resources including costs.
- Preparing Annual Operating plan for the workshop
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special jobs or stock replenishment.
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP) with specific reference to parts, & components for the workshop and coordination with the procurement team.
- Supervise and follow up on the actual progress of each repair job.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers.
- Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task.
- Responsible for reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the workshop.
- Evaluate the training requirements of his subordinates and discuss/ agree with training needs with the subordinates then communicate to the HAM & Admin Department.
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles before release.
- Assists with the interviewing and conducts heads-on testing of technical applicants.
- Support and full compliance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition following the planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Review new equipment for suitability and make recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the Workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices
- Contribute to the overall performance of the service by executing the targets set for it.
- Conduct its performance evaluation (PMS Evaluation Mi and end course).
- Attend training to build skills.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- University degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 18 years of relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy machinery and equipment.
Skills and Competencies
- Very good troubleshooting skills
- Very good organisational skills.
- Highly effective supervision skills and techniques
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or SAP skills
- Ability to enter, retrieve and analyse data
- Good knowledge of ISO & API standards
- Heavy industry and personnel management;
- Field service management, maintenance planning and scheduling;
- High attention to detail and compliance with rules
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Transport Workshop Manager (Cement Industry) In Dangote Group
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.