David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
University Registrar Job Vacancy At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
A University Registrar job vacancy is currently available at David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The establishment of this University is borne out of the desire to enhance the quality of manpower development in the health sector and the improvement of the quality of healthcare in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. The University’s central goal is to develop critical competencies and expertise in the health sciences under the most conducive learning environment with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.
The University will pursue its vision of achieving the highest form of quality manpower development for healthcare and other service delivery for all persons irrespective of gender, race, religion, and socio-economic status. Through the University’s ultra-modern Teaching Hospital, the highest quality of healthcare services will be rendered to improve health conditions, alleviate sickness, suffering and pain in an efficient, cost-effective and integrated manner with compassion.
- Senior Auditor Job At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
- Senior Transport / Logistics Supervisor Job At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
- Chief Store Officer Job At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
The Position and Duties
- The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Laws.
- He/She shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good University Honours Degree and a Master’s degree. He/She must also have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, out of which a minimum of five (5) years must have been spent in a position not less than Deputy Registrar in a University.
- The Candidate for the position of the Registrar must have a very good understanding of the dynamic and complex nature of University administration, must have the ability to pursue and achieve set goals and objectives and must possess the drive and resilience that the University environment requires.
In Addition, the candidate:
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the time of appointment:
- Be a person of integrity and strong moral character with the ability
- Must be able to relate excellently well with staff, students and the general public
- Be a person with an articulate vision and strong commitment for the development of the University
- Be up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology ICT) capacity and skills
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Must be physically and emotionally stable
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration of the University
Conditions of Service
- The salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars of Nigerian Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of David Nweze Umahia University of Medical Sciences, Uburu.
How To Apply For University Registrar Job
Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below to visit the University website and fill out an application form. Candidates are also required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials and recommendation letters from three referees. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s), Date(s)
- Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates, including a photocopy of the latest pay-slip
- List of Publications (Academic staff only)
- List of grants received as Principal Investigator (Academic staff only)
- Scopus Publication h-index (Academic staff only)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Application for Employment (State Category eg., Academic Planning Officer, IT II)” to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS),
Uburu, Ohaozara LGA,
To apply for this job please visit kdums.edu.ng.