Vacancy – Information Comm. Technology Manager (P-4) FT, #20084 Job At UNICEF
Vacancy – Information Comm. Technology Manager (P-4) FT, #20084 job vacancy is currently available at UNICEF. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives, To defend their rights, To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, safety
In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfil and protect children’s rights in partnership with the government, civil society, children and families. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally – click the link to learn more about UNICEF in Nigeria: https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/.
How can you make a difference?
Based on the established policies, guidelines, and service level agreements (SLAs), in this position, you will manage, lead and support the ICT functional accountability and internally manage ICT function and externally enhance collaboration and capacity building; improve the delivery of results and knowledge management; build business relationships and foster innovation. This will be done by
- Emergency Manager, P4 Job At UNICEF
- TA-Emergency Programme Specialist – Shock-Responsive Social Protection (SRSP), P3 Job At UNICEF
- Re- advertised-P5 Chief Health, FT Job At UNICEF
Vacancy – Information Comm. Technology Manager (P-4) FT, #20084 Duties
- Manage the ICT function and provide technical and operational support;
- Supervise direct and indirect reports to ensure the implementation of corporate ICT priorities, solutions and services;
- Prepare ICT related plans, budget, set priorities and performance indicators as well as yearend assessment, reviews and reporting;
- Enhance governance, collaboration, build relationships and capacity;
- Assisting in the promotion of creativity and innovative thinking to re-engineer work processes and make the best use of technology within and outside UNICEF;
- Improve the delivery of results within and outside of UNICEF.
Requirements For Vacancy – Information Comm. Technology Manager (P-4) FT, #20084
- An advanced university degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in information technology management and business operations in a large international organization and/or corporation. Experience in a UN organization would be considered an asset but is not essential for the role.
- Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analysis, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Networks Information Security and Software Engineering and Programming, T4D
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency context is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (II)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (III)
- Works Collaboratively with others (III)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (III)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (III)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (III)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (III)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (III)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (III)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and we encourage all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply. Also, applications from female candidates are strongly welcome
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How To Apply
- Click the ‘Apply FOR Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Provide the requested details and fill the online application form.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 22nd July.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com.