Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)
Vice-Chancellor Job Vacancy At Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
A vice-Chancellor job vacancy is currently available at Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), interested individuals who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
Following the provisions of the 2004 Revised Laws of Enugu State of Nigeria at its Chapter 74 of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology as amended;
Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and distinguished scholars of the rank of Professor with cognate experience in University teaching, research and administration for the post.
Vice-Chancellor Responsibilities At ESUT
- The Vice-Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University.
- He/She is Chairman of Senate, Congregation and member of the Governing Council.
- He/she is responsible to Council in matters of policy articulation and implementation in the areas of finance, property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the institution.
- The Vice-Chancellor is also responsible to Senate for the admission of students, administration of academic programmes as well as students and staff discipline following extant statutes, ordinances, laws and regulations of the University.
- Graduate Assistant (CONUASS 1) Job Vacancy At ESUT
- Bursar Job Vacancy At Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Registrar Job At Enugu State University of Science and Technology
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic, industrial or government service experience. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to be:
- A person of character and courage without criminal record(s);
- A professor of good standing who understands the contemporary demands of the leadership of University;
- A person with wide academic and administrative experience in the University, government and industry, and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University;
- A successful scholar with a PhD or Medical Fellowship in his chosen discipline and well-rooted in the finest academic traditions;
- A person of demonstrable fundraising skills that can attract both local and international fund to supplement government subventions;
- A person that has other experiences outside the University and ensures that meritocracy is followed at all times;
- Must be a person that recognizes and respects gender sensitivity;
- A person with a good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciates its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry and ICT driven society.
- A person of courage, but humane, who can take decisive action on the merit of facts and principles and not based on sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups;
- Must be a person that can link quality research to the industry to promote innovation;
- A person that possesses a high reputation nationally and internationally and can command the respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records;
- A person with strong leadership qualities to successfully lead a group of the well-informed and articulate academic community;
- Must be a person who possesses the ability to create the needed bridges between staff and students, on the one hand, and the Community on the other hand, and one who is also above petty ethnic, religious, local loyalties and biases;
- Of good physical and mental health to be able to serve the five years term;
- Able to perform other lawful duties and responsibilities as may from time to time be directed by the Governing Council and its Statutory and ad-hoc Committees;
- Capacity to promote and administer multi-campus University system;
- A person that can lead the University in research, development and training that address the problems of the immediate environment;
- A person that can create international partnerships and facilitate students and Faculty exchanges and;
- The person should not be above 65 years of age on assumption of office as the Vice-Chancellor.
Salary And Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are similar to those of the Post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for one single term of five (5) years only.
How To Apply For The Vice-Chancellor Job
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of his / her Application accompanied by 30 copies of the applicant’s most recent Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Local Government and the State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address with an E-mail address and Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (as applicable)
- Academic Qualifications (Degrees with classes and copies of credentials to be enclosed)
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Managerial Experience
- Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
- 30 Copies of the Applicant’s Statement of Mission and Vision for the University.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left-hand corner, “Post of Vice-Chancellor, ESUT”, to the:
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
Enugu State, Nigeria.
The application deadline is 16th July.