Kano State Ministry Of Health Recruitment (SMOHH) 2021
Applications are invited from the suitably qualified individuals to the Kano State Ministry of Health Recruitment for the vacant position of Medical Officer of Health (MOH) in the ministry.
The successfully employed candidate shall work as a senior government health officer supervising the implementation of the state’s health policy at the local government level as appointed by the SPHCM.
He/she will aid the Public Health and Primary Health Care (PHC) programs implementation in the Local Government of appointment.
The individual will coherently work with other Public Health professionals including Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWS), Community Health Officers (CHOs), Environmental officers (EOs), and Public Health Nurses (PHNs) on matters of public health at the local government level.
Interested individuals should go through the below-stated responsibilities as well as the requirements for eligibility before delving into the SMOH Medical Officer application.
The Medical Officer will render clinical expertise to patient care and also direct other health professionals at the local government level.
He/she will ensure that all healthcare providers in the appointed local government are rendering the highest quality standards on patient care.
Oversees, and organizes mentoring activities of healthcare personnel to improve the care process in the primary health care facilities.
Breaking down complicated diagnoses to create easy treatment plans including strengthening referrals and continuity of care as appropriate.
The officer will aid in the development of a need-based planning process for all health service delivery at the local government level.
Ensures consistent and accurate practices of medical record keeping.
Contributes to medical research activities in rural communities.
He or she will be answerable to senior management at the zonal and state level, also liaise between administrative and medical staff.
Ensures that all health personnel at the local government of appointment adheres to healthcare regulations and safety standards.
Requirements For Kano State Ministry of Health Recruitment
- Applicants must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent.
- Those in possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH), Health Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), or Health Economics (MHE) would have an added advantage
- 3-5 years of clinical experience post-NYSC is a must.
- Applicants must be indigenes of Kano State while those in bond with the Kano State Government would have an added advantage.
- Eager to work in rural areas communities.
- A valid medical practicing license is needed.
- Ready to undergo written and oral screening.
- Basic knowledge of PHC services in the state is required.
- Proficient in English Language (written and oral).
- Zeal to improve PHC service uptake in the state.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
How To Apply For Kano State Ministry of Health Recruitment
All the eligible and interested individuals should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org making the job title the email subject.
Applications accompanied with Curriculum Vitae and clear copies of claimed qualification(s) should be addressed to:
The Director of Admin and Finance,
Kano State Primary Health Management Board,
Na’ibawa, Zaria Road,
The application deadline is 1st January 2021
Only successful individuals will be invited for the next phase of the recruitment process.