NCDC Advanced NFETP Application For Nigerian Field Epidemiology Training Programme
NCDC Advanced NFETP application is currently ongoing for Nigerian Field Epidemiology Training Programme. Interested candidates who possess all the criteria listed below should proceed to apply.
Before proceeding to the application procedure let us first and foremost know what NCDC Advanced NFETP is all about.
What Is NCDC Advanced NFETP Programme?
Advanced NFETP simply stands for Advanced Nigeria Field Epidemiology Training Programme which was organized by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), and Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv) to provide competency-based training and service delivery in applied epidemiology and public health through a two-year in-service training after which graduates are awarded an NCDC DG endorsed certification.
This program is aimed at creating workforce capacity needed for disease surveillance and response, with dedicated mentorship using the One Health approach after which the trainees will support and contribute to the growth of public health capacity at both national and state levels during the training and acquire practical skills through the 70% field placements as well as 30% classroom activities.
Upon completion of the full-time two-year in-service training; NCDC Advanced NFETP graduates are expected to gain the following skills:
- Epidemiological Methods
- Public Health Surveillance
- Laboratory and Biostatistics
- Computer Technology
- Management and Leadership
- Prevention effectiveness
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Epidemiology of priority diseases and injuries
Which can provide them with career opportunities in the following areas:
- Epidemiologist (e.g., in national disease prevention and control programmes or State Ministry of Health)
- Programme Manager (e.g., in national disease control programmes)
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) with public health functions
- NMFB CBN Loan Application Form For AGSMEIS & COVID 19 Support
- Covid 19 Loan Support By CBN 2021 Application Guide At NMFB Portal
Requirements For NCDC Advanced NFETP Application
- Applicants must be Master of Public Health (MPH) degree/ Masters degree (MSc) holders in epidemiology, statistics, or health-related discipline such as biochemistry, medical laboratory science, microbiology.
- Must possess at least two years of work experience in public health or related fields within a government institution (with evidence of confirmation).
- A membership or fellowship qualification in public health or community medicine from a recognized postgraduate college is acceptable for medical and veterinary medicine graduates.
- Current employment within an organization.
- Those who don’t possess a Master’s or Fellowship but have worked for at least five years in a public health role are eligible to apply.
- A Ph.D. is an added advantage.
How To Apply
- Proceed to nreg.ncdc.gov.ng and fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit and await notification for an interview if shortlisted.
More information about the programme can be found here.
The application deadline was not specified.