Nigerian Army Short Service Commission (SSC 47) Recruitment 2020
The Nigerian Army Short Service Commission (SSC 47) recruitment is currently ongoing for both civilians and serving military personnel who possess the first-degree certification with the minimum of second class lower and wish to be enlisted into the officers rank of the Nigerian Army as a combatant.
Selected candidates will undergo a nine (9) months intensive military training after which the successful ones shall be commissioned into the rank of Second Lieutenant of Nigerian Army.
As aforementioned the application is open for both female and male civilian graduates as well as the currently serving military personnel. However, it is only military personnel who attended civil institutions sponsored by any of the Armed Forces services can apply.
In addition, all applicants should possess the below-listed entry requirements.
Requirements For The Nigerian Army Short Service (SSC 47) Commission
- Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
- Must be between 23 – 27 years of age.
- Applicant must be a holder of the first-degree certification with a minimum of second class lower or HND with at least lower credit in the humanities, arts, or sciences obtained from a recognized institution in addition the applicant’s course of study must be accredited at the time of the study.
- The minimum height for male applicants is 1.68m while females must reach 1.65m.
- Applicants must be medically, mentally, and physically fit in accordance with the standards of the Nigerian Army.
- Letters of recommendation and attestation for applicants good character is required from two (2) reputable referees who must be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or a serving officer of the Armed Forces with at least the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above from the same state of origin as the applicant. The referees’ passport photographs must be attached to the attestation letter.
- A letter of attestation from the applicants’ former institutions must be submitted.
- A valid certificate of state of origin is a must.
- NYSC certificate is required and corps members who will complete their service in 2020 are eligible (Serving Armed Forces members are not inclusive).
- The applicant must have not been convicted for any crime by the court of law meanwhile military personnel must be free of any disciplinary case which must be confirmed by the commanding officer/commander.
- Only the year 2015 and above years’ post-secondary academic credentials will be acceptable.
- Valid contact addresses and phone numbers of the applicant’s parents or guardians and Next of Kin is required.
- There must not be any inscription or tattoo on the applicant’s body.
- The applicant must not belong to any cult, secret society, or fraternity.
- All original copies of the applicant’s educational certificates starting from primary to post-secondary must be presented.
- Serving Military Personnel must tender valid ID cards as well as recommendation letters from the commanding officers/commanders, in addition, will tender valid official letter(s) of sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Applicants must also have served for at least five (5) years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- Every serving military personnel are obligated to state their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria as failing to do so is an offense and shall at any stage attract automatic disqualification.
>> Proceed to the Nigerian Army Short Service Commission (SSC) application portal and sign up with your full name and active email address.
>> Verify your email and log into your dashboard.
>> Fill the online form accurately and upload these documents.
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body(if applicable).
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
>> Submit and print out your generated photo-slip of which the first page must be signed by the Registrar of any court of law while the second page must be signed by the candidate’s Local Government Chairman/Secretary or a serving officer of the Armed Forces with at least the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above from the same state of origin as the applicant.
The application deadline is 29th September 2020.
Selected candidates shall take a written exam at the chosen examination center.
Candidates must present their printed photo-slips at the examination center and subsequently.