PO Railway Development Job Recruitment At ECOWAS Nigeria
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is inviting applications from qualified and interested Nigerians for the position of PO Railway Development at Abuja Nigeria.
ECOWAS PO Railway Development Job Description
|PO Railway Development
|UA 49,106.81 USD 77,480.72
|UA 56,591.37 USD 89,289.87
|Roads & Railways
|PPO Roads & Railways
|Rail Transport Officer
The PO Railway Development while working under the supervision of the PPO Roads and Railway will give technical expertise in the railway transportation area including strategy, policy, operation, services, and infrastructure development.
The role player will also advise the Department on intended technical areas for the design and implementation of key programs, projects, and interventions to support the improvement of the railway sector in the region, in accordance with the commission objectives.
- The PO will be in charge of the ECOWAS Regional Railway Master Plan implementation.
- He/she will develop programs, projects, and activities to enhance railway sector development in the region.
- Give an opinion on rail sector projects including feasibility, planning, development, and transaction advisory.
- This role holder will direct the timely submission of project deliverables, record keeping, and take part in meetings or briefings as required by project contracts.
- Discover potential markets for railway development in the region, as well as developing and executing the marketing plans.
- The role holder will offer technical leadership (Team Leader) and manage technical expertise on rail sector projects in emerging markets, to aid project managers in the timely delivery of projects as well as within budget.
- Partake in Regional railway programs and projects development with the goal of improving project implementation and Member States capacity.
- Involve with the Infrastructure Department to develop and maintain the commission expertise on railway transport, and logistics to support the ECOWAS and West Africa strategic goals.
- PO Railway Development will monitor the railway components’ implementation of major transport infrastructure programs in the ECOWAS region.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities such as evaluating and advising on whether project opportunities should be followed in the rail sector as well as discovering potential partners and team members.
- Support preparation of rail sector acquisition and contracting activities including expressions of interest (EOIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), Terms of Interest, and the evaluation of tenders and contracting.
- Carry out other related duties as given by the Head of roads and railways division, Director of Transport or Commissioner.
- Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree certification in Railway Engineering, Transport Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics and, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Planning, Economics Logistics, or any related course from a recognized university.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in railway project implementation and development in a developing country, as well as great experience in the preparation and execution of infrastructure projects.
- Must not be more than 50 years of age.
- The applicant should be experienced in Programme design and execution.
- Practical knowledge of technical studies, policy development process, project preparation, procurement, Design of major Railway projects are needed.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and knowledge of rail transport operations and management, rail logistics chains, and infrastructure development based on best practices.
- The applicant should have monitoring and evaluation experience of infrastructure-related projects/programmes.
How To Apply
Click here to download the ECOWAS application form.
Open application form in Microsoft Word and fill.
Forward the completed ECOWAS application form along with your CV, and Motivation Letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application closing date is 27/05/2020
ECOWAS internal candidates should not apply.