Programme Officer, Corridor Development & Logistics Job At ECOWAS
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is calling on the qualified and interested Nigerians to apply for the position of Programme Officer, Corridor Development & Logistics available at the commission office Abuja.
Programme Officer, Corridor Development & Logistics Job Description
|JOB TITLE||Programme Officer, Corridor Development & Logistics|
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA49,106.81 USD77,480.72|
|DUTY STATION||Abuja, Nigeria|
|DIVISION||Maritime and Transport Facilitation Corridors|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||PPO, Maritime and Transport Facilitation Corridors|
The PO will establish strategies that will be used to tackle logistical barriers affecting regional transits and ensure that transportation cost is reduced while applying current trends in the Economic Development Corridors area to accomplish corridor efficiency in regards to the least cost, reliability, and competitive travel times.
“The intervention will spread from facilitation of the entire supply to logistics chain starting from the port of origin (or inland points) through regional corridors to the points of destination.”
- This role holder will establish programs, projects, and activities to elevate the facilitation of legitimate goods, persons and services along the Commission Regional transit and transport Corridors.
- The Programme Officer will give technical expertise during the implementation of economic development corridor initiatives to enable efficiency in regards to the low cost of transport, reliability, and competitive travel times.
- Develop a detailed acquisition programme plan to decide appropriate specifications of items required, in line with the created guidelines and procedures.
- He/she will give technical expertise during the implementation of the ECOWAS Regional Road Transport and Transit Facilitation Program.
- Evaluate and organizes logistics regarding transport requirements, handling, receipt, storage and distribution of items and create apt warehousing and recording system.
- Support programme implementation and help with all logistics and procurement related matters.
- Programme Officer, Corridor Development & Logistics will provide advice to Regional Member Countries regarding ports infrastructure and logistics issues and lead policy dialogue with governments in advancing policy, regulatory and institutional reforms in the ports sector.
- Perform trips on regular basis in order to make sure that forwarded relief material to projects is received and accounted for properly at their destinations, and follow up with clearing agents, shipping, and insurance companies in case of loss or damage.
- This position holder will design stock control methods, monitor warehousing management closely, and submits situation reports on stocks regularly, equipment, and prepositioned goods.
- Applicant must be a Bachelor’s degree holder in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering, Economics or Logistics, International Trade Policy, or Social Sciences from a recognized university.
- Must be under the age of 50 years.
- Applicant must have at least 5 years of experience in cross border corridor development projects spreading the areas of cross-border infrastructure development, engineering in a developing country, cross-border corridors and spatial planning, spatial development initiatives, as well as experienced in project preparation and procurement.
- Should be experienced in the evaluation and monitoring of infrastructure-related projects/ programmes.
- Must have participated in at least one project in transport logistics, corridor development/ transport facilitation.
- Applicant must be experienced in transit systems and multi-modal transport, port logistics & terminals, border operations, inland or dry ports and warehousing based on cross border trade and transit operations.
- Should be knowledgeable in the social impacts of infrastructure development projects and programs, programme performance assessment, and cross border transport projects.
How To Apply
-Get the application form here
-Open with MS Word and complete
-Forward the completed form, your CV, and Motivation Letter to email@example.com
27th May 2020 is the application deadline