Job vacancy of Senior Engineer, Field Operations in 9mobile Telecommunication Company; Ibadan office has been announced for the eligible and interested Nigerians.
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Field Operations
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Functions Of The Senior Engineer, Field Operations
- Assess to ensure cool vendors’ activities in order to avoid re-occurrence outages on DWDM, IPBB and hub sites.
- Execute productive DWDM, IPB Band HUB site supervision, spot check, external alarm simulations with NOC to ensure non-functional alarms are fixed before next visit and checkmate vendor€™s activity to enhance Quality of Service and improve customer experience on monthly basis.
- Carry out cross-functional support based on business demand and make sure that effective diesel delivery and consumption within the assigned cluster.
- He/ She ensure effective utilization of consumables and spare parts.
- Ensures monthly routine and corrective maintenance schedules for all active and passive elements on-site are properly carried out.
- The Senior Engineer will manage an accurate site database within an assigned cluster (with detail information).
- Aids in the acceptance of new site BSS, MW, ADMs and passive equipment according to scope and BoQ, to ensure snags are properly captured and acceptance document sign-off
- The position holder takes the supervision responsibility for the change requests implementation, faults escalation, fault resolution and ensures TTs are correctly closed within MTTR by NOC.
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of Access transmission, BSS and Passive network elements in order to achieve network availability targets.
- The Senior Engineer, Field Operation will aid in all Operational transmission equipment, BSS equipment, Power equipment, and DC plants, Carry out PAT of newly integrated BSS, Power, and TXM/ADM network element and facilitate 99.5% Access Network availability.
- The position holder builds fault trend analysis to track and follow up with both active and passive vendors to mitigate and avoid re-occurrence outages on DWDM, IPBB and hub sites to ensure re-occurrence outages are removed in an assigned cluster.
- Help in the resolution of community and landlord access related problems.
- Generation of weekly and monthly incidence cluster reports for network outages.
- Work with Government Regulatory Department to resolve environmental, States, regulatory, Local Government and community problems within 24 hours and follow up for a permanent solution
- The Engineer will follow up for proper execution of approved CR within the assigned cluster and escalate appropriately when activity has deviated
- Make sure that the changing of faulty components on BSS, TX and Power equipment, weekly link alignment for MW links with deviated RSL as well as replacement of faulty fibre patch cord and splicing on national fibre BB are done on time to avoid outage extension and decrease MTTR.
- The position holder control and maintain hybrid &public power supply.
- Manage fuel delivery and consumption.
- Supervise and coordinate DG and A/C replacement.
- BTS power optimization.
- Oversee, organize and ensure timely CAPEX replacement (ATS, DG, A/C, battery replacement and power optimization for Green Field and BSC/MGW sites also). He or She also confirms and signoff JCC for the successfully completed tasks by both parties.
- Will be responsible for the monitoring and controlling of power capacity utilization and ensure optimal safe limit on UPS, generators, rectifiers, AVR, etc. are not surpassed.
- Timely escalation of any capacity problem and recommendation for optimization and upgrades is also required when needed.
- He or She will be in charge of the preparation and presentation of periodic reports on power availability and timely escalation of any serious fault which may negatively affect network quality and availability.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Manager, Field Operations.
- Applicant must possess a degree or equivalent certification in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Applicant must possess three (3) to five (5) years post-NYSC relevant experience.
- Control Network Technologies.
- Radio Access Technologies.
- BSS Network sub-system.
- Problem Solving.
- Passion for Excellence.
- Empowering people.
- Growing people.
- Customer Focus.
How To Apply For This Job
Visit www.careers.9mobile.com.ng to apply.