UNICEF is inviting applications from the eligible and interested applicants to fill the position of Information Management Officer (IMO) in the organization.
The Information Management Officer (IMO) under the guidance and supervision of Nutrition manager, will specifically be responsible for the collection, analysis and sharing of nutrition program information, such as technical support, capacity building, and coordination of information management activities at field level operations in Maiduguri, Nigeria where nutrition program is supported by the UNICEF.
Responsibilities of the Information Management Officer in UNICEF
- The position holder will be participating in the development and implementing nutrition information system in order to monitor the progress and incorporate lessons within the nutrition program.
- The position holder will be working closely with the UNICEF focal point in the field office and with SMOH, state nutrition officer in boosting the government potential for nutrition information management and its use for programming in Borno and Yobe state.
- The IMO will support the efforts of state government for proper data management and its use for nutrition program design and monitoring progress.
- The information management officer will be responsible for the Compiling, cleaning and analyze nutrition DATA such as Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Micronutrients, Vitamin A supplementation, Infant and Young Child Feeding Practice (IYCFP), etc.
- The IMO will be responsible for preparing and sharing the updated state database, 5Ws, and strep accurately.
- Prepare produce fact sheets and dashboard on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- The position holder will be producing interactive maps with the latest information and update on a regular basis.
- UNICEF IMO Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achievement of project targets to support evidence-based programming.
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting the nutrition team in the ground and provide feedback based on data analysis to ensure consistency and accuracy of nutrition program data.
- Reports presentations, in a statistical manner and analysis, should be precise, present the program data to the Nutrition sector information management technical working groups for validation.
- IMO represents UNICEF in different nutrition sector forum, also in the states where the program is supported.
- Responsible for building the potential of the state counterparts and partners, to be able to undertake all stages of data management and analysis.
- Prepare briefs and presentations as and when needed for decision-making and prioritization of nutrition interventions.
Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
End Product/Deliverables, such as final report, article, document etc.
- Give specific descriptions of end products and specific time/dates they are expected for the contract running into several months.
Preparing state database and 5Ws regularly as per UNICEF needs.
- Dashboard and fact sheet are developed at least one in each quarter.
Preparing the feedback report based on data analysis and shared on a monthly basis.
- Applicant must possess a University degree certification in Nutrition.
- Applicants with public health, Statistics or data management, epidemiology, or nutrition related field will be considered.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, knowledge /data management, nutrition survey, or related field in developing country context.
- Proven experience of leading nutrition program information management and facilitation with concerned authorities
Experience of nutrition data collection, with extensive experience, compiling and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and producing relevant graphical representations of analyzed data.
- Proven experience in synthesizing relevant information and developing reports on time against set deadlines for the dissemination of key findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid data analysis skills, ENA, Epi Info, and other data software’s
An applicant with the ability to understand and speak the local language has an added advantage.
Click here to apply.
Input your email address and follow the on-site steps to complete your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for advancement to the next stage of the selection process.