Nigerian Army (NA)
Nigerian Army Engineers Job Vacancy At Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC)
Nigerian Army Engineers job vacancy is currently available at Nigerian Army (NA) for Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC). Applications are hereby invited from both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
- Medical Consultants of Various Disciplines Job At Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC)
- Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps Job At Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC)
- Consulting – Strategy, Customer & Marketing- Manager Job At Deloitte
Requirements For Nigerian Army Engineers
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Eng), B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Land Surveyor, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Marine/Water Engineering, Architecture, and Building Engineering/ Technology.
- Such academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or regulating professional bodies.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by July 2022.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from an accredited institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess an NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2011 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendation by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with the ability to swim will have added advantages.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Other Service conditions include the following:
- The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is however based on the availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the NA.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be the date of enlistment.
- Medical Consultant Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from the date of commission.
- Officer cadets who complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from the date of commission.
How To Apply
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to be redirected to the Nigerian Army recruitment portal.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification.
- At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving/have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, choose the appropriate option and proceed.
- If you do not have an account click on “Sign Up” (verification will be sent to your email) or enter your login details and log in.
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
(a) Passport photograph.
(b) Educational certificates.
(c) Evidence of membership of any professional body.
(d) Certificate of state of origin.
(e) Birth certificate or age declaration.
- All applicants should note that the qualification selections available are dependent on the preferred corps selected.
- Print Out. Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of any Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from an applicant’s state of origin.
- Successful applicants would be required to take a written examination at selected examination centres chosen by applicants or assigned as appropriate.
- Successful candidates would also present their printed photo-slips at Examination Centres and subsequently to the Selection Board during an interview.
- The application deadline is 6th May 2022.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.army.mil.ng.