Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for Safety Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting who will carryout the following duties:
- Safety Officer – Inspection (Cement Industry) Job In Dangote Group
- Treasury Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- IT Audit Lead – Cement Industry Job In Dangote Group
Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting Key Responsibilities
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Oversee development of a site induction package outlining the major hazards and the safety requirements to avoid or control those hazards
- Advise management on deficiencies in the safety performance at the operations
- Develop a plant based H&S training and development plan based on the needs of each operation and the major hazards identified
- Oversee the quality of induction safety programs being conducted for both the plant and contractor employees
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external systems audits to evaluate H&S performance
- Ensure specific surveys and reporting are conducted in an approved format. These surveys may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Occupational noise
- Thermal exposure
- Chemical exposure
- Air quality
- Develop an an annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Ensure relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Provide specialist advise on matters relating to H&S
- Ensure compliance to all relevant H&S legal requirements
Education and Work Experience
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization (Minimum NEBOSH level 3 or IGC)
- Hold a High National Diploma or a degree in engineering / other subject
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Control
- Excellent knowledge of Fire Safety Management
- Understanding of current concepts in H&S and/or related integrated management systems
- Understanding of Country H&S laws
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Audit and Inspection
- Incident Investigation with Root cause Analysis
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Communication skills
- English and national / regional language (verbal and written)
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Safety Officer – System Compliance and Reporting
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.